Who should use this course?
Anyone who uses or will be using Industrial Counterbalanced Forklifts in the land-based industries or construction industry.
Refresher Training is recommended every 3 years.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
· Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all
controls and gauges.
· Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the
operator’s handbook, other information sources, such as rating plates, and
· Explain all relevant documentation.
· Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
· Configure the forklift for site and road travel.
· Travel over different types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and
substantial inclines, both with and without a load.
· Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with
and without a load.
· Set up the forklift in order to lift various loads.
· Ensure load integrity and security.
· Transport loads.
· Lift various loads within the full working range of the forklift.
· Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
· Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
· Keep within safe working parameters.
· Place the forklift in an out-of-service condition.
· Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.
Duration : 1 day Experienced Operator - Cost £175 plus VAT
2 days Novice Operator - Cost £350 plus VAT
Maximum: 3 learners
Accreditation: NPTC or LANTRA
|Course date||As arranged|
|Location||Vicky Anderson Training|